Can you hear the fanfare of trumpets? Over a year in the making! What is this triumphant event? I finally got my new computer. Yes! I've been talking about it for over a year. Since at least last Summer. And yesterday, the computer arrived. Not that I ordered it a year ago or anything. In fact, I just ordered it last week.
My problem is, well...I'm cheap. I don't like to spend money and I can always find an excuse as to why I don't need something. I mean, I had a computer. It worked...kinda. Some problem caused the fans to really rev up super fast and LOUD. But I kept forging ahead with it. Then, the video card fan broke. OK, so I won't do anything with heavy 3D requirements. So I was working with a busted up computer.
Eventually, after nearly 5.5 years, the computer quit on me. So I found myself without a computer. Still determined not to buy a new one, I switched to my wife's old computer. I was really limiting my abilities to be productive (photography, development, etc.), but I kept forging ahead.
After hearing a particular message at my church, I began thinking things over throughout the week. I could see how I was limiting my ministry at the church. You see, I use my computer in various ways for the church, but was failing to produce anything based on my current computer situation. That's when I buckled down and thought, "I need to get serious about this."
So I started looking around and eventually found what I wanted. I still kept putting things off, but kept praying about it. Then, one day, Dell had a $325 coupon. I was amazed. It's not often they have such a discount. So I created the computer I wanted and saved it in my cart. But I was still procrastinating. The next day, I went to the Dell site and...WHAT? What happened to my coupon? It doesn't work anymore? What's up with that? After a little bit of searching I discovered they now had a coupon for $425!!! $425!!! Can you believe it? So I praised God, and purchased the computer.
It came yesterday and I have slowly been installing software. There is still one item I have not yet received. I ordered a 4-year at home service with complete care. Complete care means I get 4-years of accident (spills, breaks, etc.) and also includes a theft locater. Ironically, the one item which appears to be stuck somewhere in transit is the LoJack system for the computer.
And, yes, I am using the new computer to type up this blog.
So far, so good. I just can't wait to get all settled in so I can begin getting productive once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment