
Well, I completed the game with minutes to spare. The game was due on Saturday night. The contest was put on by the Christian Coder's Network.
This was a fantastic learning experience for me. My programming background is in UI and client/server work, so creating a game was something new for me. I was able to :
- 1) use the brand new (released August 30th) Microsoft XNA Framework for gaming/graphics.
- 2) learn about tilesets and how to store the map
- 3) begin learning how to create a computer AI
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to fully implement a decent AI, but at least the game is playable, and that was my main concern. At some point, I'd still like to finish the AI to make the game more challenging.
I may post more about my experiences, especially with using the XNA Framework.
No comments:
Post a Comment