Yep. That's right. Exam 70-316. The game (and other things) are on hold while I study to become a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP). It's something I have wanted to do now, for, ohhhh, 2.5 years or so. My company will pay for books and the test, so now is the time!
I'll be taking Exam 70-316 covering the development of Windows-based applications using .NET 1.1 and C#. Why .NET 1.1 instead of 2.0? Well, my company needs some MCP's soon, and, although I have now been using C# Express with .NET 2.0 for many months, I really feel more comfortable and confident with .NET 1.1. Exam 70-316 covers exactly what I enjoy doing the most: C# and ADO.NET development! So I am really excited.
So, once I complete this test, I plan to continue on and become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS). What does that mean? Well, it's the newer title associated with the .NET 2.0 related Framework. I'll need to take another two tests to receive an MCTS. In fact, within this specialty are eight, count 'em 8, different specialties. My focus will be on .NET 2.0 Framework Windows Applications Development.
Needless to say, I am having a really fun time studying and learning. I am using a terrific book which is very easy to follow, read, and understand. I'm also using Visual C# 2005 Express which I gotta say, is really fun to use in its own right. But that's better left for a separate entry.
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment